Sunday, November 14, 2010

Toilet running constantly

So I had a toilet that has been running water constantly for the last week.  Here's my fix.


1. Remove the toilet tank lid to examine the type of water fill valve you have.  So I got one of these you see above.
2. Next, put a bucket under the water inlet. Shut off the water inlet valve and flush to remove the water from the tank.

3. Once the water has been remove, use a wrench to loosen the nut from the bottom of the tank. 


4. remove the fill valve assembly and replace with a new one. 

5. I bought the one below, the picture is upside down, but I'm sure you can see it. It is an universal one, so it is good for all toilets.It costs me 10 dollars Canadian.



6. Once valve filler is installed, connect the water inlet back, and turn on the shutoff valve. 

7. Flush the toilet a few times and check to see if there are any leaks. 

 8. Put the lid back and you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment